Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- These figures show the percentages of pupils achieving a 'Good Level of Development' at the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage (end of the Foundation/Reception year).
Pupils are defined as having reached a good level of development at the end of the EYFS if they have achieved at least the expected level in:
- the Early Learning Goals (ELGs) in the prime areas of learning (Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Physical Development; and Communication and Language) and
- the ELGs in the specific areas of Mathematics and Literacy.
- A parent's guide to the EYFS, published by www.foundationyears.org, can be accessed HERE, and explains the terms used above
- At the time of writing, national average data for 2019 has not been published.