SCHOOL CLOSED DUE TO SNOW
POMPHLETT PRIMARY SCHOOL CLOSURE TODAY (WEDNESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2018)
The school is closing at 1pm today due to poor weather conditions. Please collect your child by then. You are free to collect your child any time beforehand if you wish.
Decisions concerning school closures are made on an individual school basis and according to local circumstances by the Head Teacher in consultation with their Chair of Governors. Our Chair of Governors and I assessed the situation this morning, taking into account the following:
- The safety and accessibility of the site and surrounding area
- The availability of heat, light, power and water
- Availability of staff
- Availability of meals
We were primarily concerned about numbers 1 and 3 above, particularly due to a deteriorating weather forecast for the remainder of the day and the need for families and staff to get home safely , especially those who live further afield.
The weather forecast for the remainder of today, overnight and tomorrow is for more snow, with temperatures not getting above freezing, which, unless conditions significantly improve, make a closure tomorrow (Thursday 1 March) likely. However, A DECISION TO CLOSE TOMORROW HAS NOT YET BEEN TAKEN. We are monitoring weather conditions closely and will make a decision as soon as possible if the school is to remain closed tomorrow. We will publicise this to parents via text, email, our Facebook page and on this website as soon as a decision is made. The very latest time a decision to close will be made will be by 7am tomorrow morning.
- PLYMOUTH LOCAL AUTHORITY HAVE REQUESTED THAT PARENTS SHOULD BE ASKED NOT TO CALL THE MEDIA AS THIS MAY IMPEDE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SCHOOLS AND THE RADIO STATIONS.
- Parents and carers should be aware of the Council’s official social media channels as information will also be provided here:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/plymouthcc